Thursday, December 18, 2008

LEAVING NORMAL : SYUKREE

With Syukree, things can go upside down, our reality fields temporarily skewed and awkwardly hang in the air until you got your bearings back, shake your head, smile and sigh the constant mantra, “Syukree, Syukree..”

This morning I got an sms from Isham: “Dengan sedih diberitahu Shukri telah meninggal dunia secara tiba. baru sekejap tadi” - 10.39am.

Last night Syukree was at the shop, briefly. He came in wearing a half-face mask of a monster. He’s been donning that mask for a few days now, so me and the guys in the shop were pretty blasé about it. After all it’s Syukree!

I called Isham. Apparently he got the news from Black that Syukree “terjatuh” at his brother’s house and died. I tried calling Black but it didn’t go through. So I forwarded Isham’s sms to some friends. Shocked replies came in with more questions. After a while I got this sms below and I forwarded it to a lot more friends. Selanjutnya...

Takziah dan al-fatihah buat keluarga beliau…Sumbanganmu besar dalam scene underground.Pergimu tiada pengganti, rest in peace Syukree… =(

No comments: